Oh hiya! Didn't see you there. Welcome to NYC Dodgeball.
We’re Sandlot Sports: New York City’s Dodgeball League. So yeah, if you like fun and smiling and stuff, you should probably come play with us. We are run by the players, for the players – and ANYBODY can play: options for all stars, or if you...well, suck!
Hey! That’s you! You’re an anybody!!!!
Here's what we're all about
...or, you can join a league,
...or try it by dropping in to a FREE weekly open gym,
...or check out some photos
Throw some balls, drink some beers, meet some folk. Win win.*
*unless you lose.
- Upper East Side St Joseph School, 420 E 87th st
- West Village St Luke School, 487 Hudson St
- Lower East Side/NoLita/SoHo St Patrick Youth Center, 268 Mulberry St
- Downtown Brooklyn Brooklyn Heights Montessori School, 185 Court St
- Summer Only (Jun-Aug) Outdoor Pickup Games - Union Sq. 19th & 2nd bball courts 456, L, NQR
Trains: PATH, 12, ACE, BD FM
Trains: 46, NQR, BD FM
Trains: 45, 23, NR, F, AC, G
- SoHo. Spring & Thompson handball courts 12, ACE, NQR
- Midtown. 28th & 9th handball courts 123, ACE, 7
Join a Dodgeball League Already!
► Undergrad Discount Available
► 50% off Discount Available if you wanna join 2 league nights!
- Early Bird Cyber Monday sale: through Nov 30 - $72
- Regular registration: Dec 1-Dec 15 - $80
► Late registration:
Monday league: Dec 16-Dec 20
Tuesday league Dec 20-Dec 27
Spring 2017: May-Jun
Summer 2017: Jul-Aug
Fall 2017: Oct-Nov
Try It Out: Free Open Gym!
(Scroll Down to see Calendar)
Pretty much, you'll drop by whenever - doesn't matter when or if you're late, if you come alone or with buddies, if you come in work clothes or shorts - and you'll play around for a while with everyone and see if you dig it. No strings attached, good times.
- FREE if you’re new – FREE if you bring someone new! Otherwise $10 ($5 for league members). But ALL - yes ALL - outdoor games entirely free all JUNE!
- Co-ed. Open to all (21+)...Hey, that's you!
- Laid back drop-in dodgeball! Just pickup games, pop in and give it a try. Come every week, or just come by once to check it out and see if you like it.
- ALWAYS a ton of people to meet (and throw things at)! And new people – good, bad, never played – are ALWAYS welcome. We’ll explain everything, introduce you around, then head out to the bar together after (if that’s your thing). All good!
NORMAL WEEKLY SCHEDULE(This is a general guideline of a normal week - but check Calendar below for scheduled dates for the weeks...and/or see our facebook group for any last minute changes)
MONDAYSManhattan West Village
Old School Playground Balls
St. Luke's School 487 Hudson Street
TUESDAYSUpper East Side
No Sting Jello Rubber!
St Joseph's School 420 E 87th St
Convince me to play! Dazzle me!
Dear haver of eyes who is reading this right now,
You should probably come play with us. If you like charity and fun and smiling and stuff. Fun’s pretty alright.
If you’ve ever been in a sports league before, you know how the idea of “social” actually just ends up being each team of pre-existing friends hanging out in cliques a lot of times? Yeah, that sucks. You’ll find a lot of that in this city. Here, it’s an actual community. So brace yourself for actually an inclusive community. Deep breaths.
Whatever you’re into: whether you're awful, great, wanna compete, just wanna meet some people, run around like a kid, have a drink after work – you’re good to go here.
Ooooh! lookie! Here’s a bullet point list of why we’re gooder! Because you know, kids these days and their buzzfeed lists and stay off my lawn:
BETTER GAME EXPERIENCE
- By players, for players: a community, not a corporation
- Lowest cost sport league in the city
- The most playing time
- Options for all-stars, casual players, or suckos (term of endearment)
- Old school playground balls (8.5”), No-sting rubber balls, or soft foam balls
BETTER SOCIAL EXPERIENCE
- Seasonal charity drive to an organization of your choice
- Actually meeting good people, not cliques
- Balanced gender ratio
- Post-game drink specials, Beer games and shenanigans
- Costume themes (optional, but you get free shots
If you’re looking for the best players in NYC – our players represent NYC in national tournament (and you can too!) - you’ve come to the right place!
If you’re just looking for funsies and can’t throw or catch to save your life? You’ve also come to the right place! Or anything in between.
We’re just a good group of people of all walks of life who realized you’re allowed to play dodgeball after grade school apparently. Who knew? Our motto’s “Don’t be a dick.” You’re not a dick are you? No? Great! You’ll fit right in!
Pretty much, if you’re in NYC and playing dodgeball somewhere else, you kiiiinda F'ed up…
So don’t F up. All the cool kids are doing it. You don't wanna not be a cool kid do you?!
Balls Full, Laces Tight,
Always can use a helping hand or two: Referees, Game Managers, Photographers, Social Media-ers (kids these days and their instasnaptweets.)
Great way to be a part of a cool community. Play for free, get free drinks at the bars, get discounts for buddies too so you look cool to your pals.
Were you a terrific camp counselor and can translate that to adults? Then you're our (wo)man. Probably the only thing where having camp counselor on your resume is a plus. And your friends who took banking internships said you'd never amount to anything from summer camp. Look at you now! Making a few bucks an hour as a big important dodgeball ref! All those color wars were worth it!