Oh hey! So...lemme get this little nugget out of the way - our super classy motto is "Hey don't be a dick." Charming eh? You’re not a dick are you? No? Great! You’ll fit right in! So you should probably come play with us. If you like charity and fun and smiling and stuff. Fun’s pretty alright.
Ooooh! lookie! Here’s a bullet point list of why we’re gooder! Because you know, kids these days and their buzzfeed lists and stay off my lawn:
BETTER GAME EXPERIENCE
1. By players, for players: a community, not a corporation
2. Lowest cost sport league in the city
3. The most playing time
4. Only NYC league for Elite National Tournament teams, casual player leagues, or suckos (term of endearment)
5. Only NYC league with Old school playground balls (8.5”), No-sting rubber balls, or soft foam balls
BETTER SOCIAL EXPERIENCE
1. Seasonal charity drive to an organization of your choice
2. Actually meeting good people, not cliques
3. Balanced gender ratio
4. Post-game drink specials, Beer games and shenanigans
5. Costume themes (optional, but you get free shots!)
If you’ve ever been in a sports league before, you know how the idea of “social” actually just ends up being each team of pre-existing friends hanging out in their own clique a lot of times? Yeah, that sucks. You’ll find a lot of that in New York. Here, it’s an actual community. So brace yourself for, you know, strangers being inclusive and stuff. I know. Deep breaths. Whether your agenda is meeting people, some charity, grabbin a beer, exercise, a social option, a competitive one - we got you.
Pretty much, I dunno, if you’re in NYC and playing dodgeball somewhere else, you kiiiinda F'ed up…
So probably don’t F up? Plus, all the cool kids are doing it. You don't wanna not be a cool kid do you?!
Balls Full, Laces Tight,