Oh hiya! Didn't see you there. Welcome to NYC Dodgeball.
We’re Sandlot Sports: New York City’s Dodgeball League. So yeah, if you like fun and smiling and stuff, you should probably come play with us. We are run by the players, for the players – and ANYBODY can play: options for all stars, or if you...well, suck!
Hey! That’s you! You’re an anybody!!!!
Here's what we're all about
...or, you can join a league,
...or try it by dropping in to a FREE weekly open gym,
...or check out some photos
Throw some balls, drink some beers, meet some folk. Win win.*
*unless you lose.
- Upper East Side St Joseph School, 420 E 87th st
- West Village St Luke School, 487 Hudson St
- Lower East Side/NoLita/SoHo St Patrick Youth Center, 268 Mulberry St
- Downtown Brooklyn Brooklyn Heights Montessori School, 185 Court St
- Summer Only (Jun-Aug) Outdoor Pickup Games - Union Sq. 19th & 2nd bball courts 456, L, NQR
Trains: 456, Q
Trains: PATH, 12, ACE, BD FM
Trains: 46, NQR, BD FM
Trains: 45, 23, NR, F, AC, G
- SoHo. Spring & Thompson handball courts 12, ACE, NQR
- Midtown. 28th & 9th handball courts 123, ACE, 7
Oh hey! So...lemme get this little nugget out of the way - our super classy motto is "Hey don't be a dick." Charming eh? You’re not a dick are you? No? Great! You’ll fit right in! So you should probably come play with us. If you like charity and fun and smiling and stuff. Fun’s pretty alright.
Ooooh! lookie! Here’s a bullet point list of why we’re gooder! Because you know, kids these days and their buzzfeed lists and stay off my lawn:
BETTER GAME EXPERIENCE
1. By players, for players: a community, not a corporation
2. Lowest cost sport league in the city
3. The most playing time
4. Only NYC league for Elite National Tournament teams, casual player leagues, or suckos (term of endearment)
5. Only NYC league with Old school playground balls (8.5”), No-sting rubber balls, or soft foam balls
BETTER SOCIAL EXPERIENCE
1. Seasonal charity drive to an organization of your choice
2. Actually meeting good people, not cliques
3. Balanced gender ratio
4. Post-game drink specials, Beer games and shenanigans
5. Costume themes (optional, but you get free shots!)
If you’ve ever been in a sports league before, you know how the idea of “social” actually just ends up being each team of pre-existing friends hanging out in their own clique a lot of times? Yeah, that sucks. You’ll find a lot of that in New York. Here, it’s an actual community. So brace yourself for, you know, strangers being inclusive and stuff. I know. Deep breaths. Whether your agenda is meeting people, some charity, grabbin a beer, exercise, a social option, a competitive one - we got you.
Pretty much, I dunno, if you’re in NYC and playing dodgeball somewhere else, you kiiiinda F'ed up…
So probably don’t F up? Plus, all the cool kids are doing it. You don't wanna not be a cool kid do you?!
Balls Full, Laces Tight,
Join a Dodgeball League Already!
REGISTRATION OPEN NOW
► Signups close June 26
► Leagues run 7 weeks, July-August
► Dates vary a bit by location, so click on a specific league below for exact dates
How do I sign up?Leagues run year round, each season, from social leagues to competitive groups. Pick your poison!
By yourself? $80 per person
As a Small Group? $80 per person - up to 5 people in your group with a max of 3 of any gender (so 3F1M is ok - 4M isn't)
As a Corporate, Alumni, Office, Organization Team? $1000 ($800 for first time teams) per team - min 9 players, no max
► Early Bird Discount 10% off
► Undergrad Discount 25% off with code ILIVEONRAMEN
► BOGO Discount 50% off your 2nd league. Buy one, & join a 2nd summer season half off. Use HALVZEEZ on 2nd signup
Try It Out: Free Open Gym!
Open to all 21+. Pretty much, you'll drop by whenever - doesn't matter if you're late, if you come alone or with buddies, if you come in work clothes or shorts. Laid back pickup pickups games to check it out. And you'll play around for a while with everyone and see if you dig it. FREE to come try. No strings attached, good times.
- FREE first time. Afterward, $10 ($5 if you join a league), unless you bring another newbie - then still free for both of you.
NORMAL WEEKLY SCHEDULE(This is a general guideline of a normal week - but check Calendar below for scheduled dates for the weeks...and/or see our facebook group for any last minute changes)
MONDAYSManhattan West Village
Old School Playground Balls
6 - 7:30PM
St. Luke's School 487 Hudson Street
TUESDAYSUpper East Side
No Sting Jello Rubber!
6 - 7:30PM
St Joseph's School 420 E 87th St
Always can use a helping hand or two: Referees, Game Managers, Photographers, Social Media-ers (kids these days and their instasnaptweets.)
Great way to be a part of a cool community. Play for free, get free drinks at the bars, get discounts for buddies too so you look cool to your pals.
Were you a terrific camp counselor and can translate that to adults? Then you're our (wo)man. Probably the only thing where having camp counselor on your resume is a plus. And your friends who took banking internships said you'd never amount to anything from summer camp. Look at you now! Making a few bucks an hour as a big important dodgeball ref! All those color wars were worth it!